Your Gear List

You’ll have the option to change your gear before your rental is finalized, but this gives us a good starting point.

Show me

Do I need insurance to rent?

Insurance is required if the full replacement cost value of your order is over $5,000. For example, if you rent a lens kit that has a replacement value of $20,000, you will be required to present a Certificate of Insurance (COI) that covers you up to that replacement value, but if you rent a c-stand with a replacement value of $150, you will just need to sign a rental agreement.
We strongly suggest carrying insurance for all of your rentals. This will protect you in case of theft or any mishaps on set.


For rentals that require insurance coverage, we’ll need you to present a COI that meets the following criteria:
● The Renter or represented Company must be listed as the Insured

● Charlotte Film Rentals must be listed as the Certificate Holder

○ 3110 May St, Charlotte, NC 28217

● Charlotte Film Rentals must be listed as Loss Payee and Additional Insured on Renter’s Property Insurance and Commercial General Liability Insurance.

● Policies should contain Primary, Non-Contributory, and Waiver of Subrogation Endorsements in favor of Charlotte Film Rentals

● Property Insurance must cover Rented Equipment

● Policies must cover, at minimum, the Replacement Value of the Equipment

● All Exclusions for Theft from an Unattended Vehicle must be removed

A sample COI for equipment can be viewed here, and a sample for COI for vehicle rentals can be viewed here.


Need an insurance policy? Our friends at Athos have you covered. Click here for equipment rental insurance or click here for all other insurance including production insurance.


 Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions!